Fulltime Position (1)
Position: Organic Farm Worker
Hourly Wage $15/hr. (plus picking bonus for strawberry picking)
Location: At Fair Fields, near Neustadt, Grey County
Duration and Schedule: This position starts in early May and runs through August. It will average 40 hrs./week, with slightly shorter weeks in the beginning and end, and slightly longer weeks during strawberry season.
Vacation and time-off: One week vacation will be provided during this time (unpaid). It can be taken all at once or as individual days, anytime during the duration of the position, with the exception of the 3 weeks of peak strawberry production.
Eligibility: In order to offer this position, we are seeking funding through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. To be eligible for this program applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Strawberry Picker Positions (2)
Fair Fields is looking to fill 2 strawberry picker positions for the 2021 season.
Pickers will work with the rest of the team, mostly picking strawberries, and sometimes carrying out other strawberry related tasks, like spot weeding, irrigating, making boxes and interacting with u-pick customers. These positions will:
* Start during the second or third week in June and work through till the end of strawberry season (typically sometime the second week of July)
* Be part-time – 4-5 short days per week starting at 8 or 9 am
* Receive minimum wage + picking bonus (TBD) + 1 flat u-pick berries
* Offer the possibility of part-time work continuing into sweet corn season, depending on weather and demand.
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com
No google docs, please.
“Please be in touch about future work opportunities at Fair Fields.