Job Posting 2022
- Full season Full-time Farm Worker – Mid-April through September, with the possibility for extension through October. Unlike the other two positions, this one will start at $16/hr.
- Full season Part-Time Farm Worker – Mid-April through September
- Peak season Full-Time Farm Worker – Mid-May through August
Hourly Wage $15/hr. to start with an opportunity for early raise and picking bonus depending on experience and performance.
At our farm, Fair Fields, near Neustadt, Grey County. We run a small-scale fruit and vegetable operation specializing in u-pick, retail and wholesale of asparagus, rhubarb, strawberries and sweet corn.
Vacation and time-off:
One week vacation will be provided during this time (unpaid). It can be taken all at once or as individual days, anytime during the duration of the position, with the exception of the 3 weeks of peak strawberry production.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada; and,
- Be physically fit and able to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Plant, weed, fertilize, mulch, irrigate and harvest asparagus, rhubarb, strawberries and sweet corn
- Seed and maintain corn transplants in the greenhouse
- Help with construction projects, including a walk-in cooler and ongoing barn renovations
- Maintain and mow under deer/racoon fencing
- Secure and move silage tarps and landscape fabric
- Supervise strawberry u-pick
- Make hay and straw
- Plant and maintain cover crops
- Contribute to content and post material to social media and our website
- Supervise volunteer labour and work independently and as part of a team.
This is an inclusive and welcoming workspace and we don’t tolerate harassment or discrimination at Fair Fields. To read about our hiring and management follow this link:
Strawberry Picker Positions (2)
Fair Fields is looking to fill 2 strawberry picker positions for the 2022 season.
Pickers will work with the rest of the team, mostly picking strawberries, and sometimes carrying out other strawberry related tasks, like spot weeding, irrigating, making boxes and interacting with u-pick customers. These positions will:
* Start during the second or third week in June and work through till the end of strawberry season (typically sometime the second week of July)
* Be part-time – 4-5 short days per week starting at 8 or 9 am
* Receive minimum wage + picking bonus (TBD) + 1 flat u-pick berries
* Offer the possibility of part-time work continuing into sweet corn season, depending on weather and demand.
“Please be in touch about future work opportunities at Fair Fields.
Health and safety are very important to us. We provide basic first aid supplies, personal protective equipment and equipment training, and encourage staff and volunteers to alert us to potential workplace hazards as well as specific personal health and safety needs.
If interested, please follow the application instructions below.